Monday, June 29, 2009

Format?

For the sake of my own sanity and to give myself a concrete framework in which to work, several months ago I decided to approach this writing project not as one monolithic, single-voiced string of words--an entire book, if you will--but rather as a series of essays centered on a common theme. Again, at the time I made this decision, it was purely for psychological reasons, to make me more at ease as I approached the project. But the more I think about it and the deeper I get into the book, the more I am thinking that perhaps rather than just a little sleight-of-hand tool to put me at ease, this idea might be an actual format I should consider using in fact. Consider: a series of essays, each on a different event or topic, but centered around the same general subject matter, which is to say, my experience on the campaign. It may make for more readable and digestible material and would also give me concise, mini-projects to work on. I'll be pondering this as I continue my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment